Feminist Incubator is perfect for you if:
- You have the skills to succeed in the corporate world, but you KNOW that path won't fulfill you or help you realize your potential.
- You want to tell people you're a writer or creative or entrepreneur, but you feel like a fraud because you haven't "made it" yet.
- You're embarrassed to admit it, but you've cried before commuting to the day job that leaves you drained and unhappy. Is this the only way to pay New York City rent?
- You dream about starting your own thing, but you worry that your multi-passionate identity will confuse everyone (including yourself). You wish you could freelance as a marketing consultant, scale your coaching business, and get serious about screenwriting, but you're afraid clients won't "get" you... or pay you.
If ONLY YOU COULD figure out this freelancing thing, THEN MAYBE...
- You'd wake up in the morning feeling excited about the day ahead, instead of burnt out
- You'd finally be able to pitch that New York Times op-ed or start that podcast you've been dying to make
- You'd be able to take a yoga class in the afternoon (!) and work from anywhere
- You'd stop having to "put in facetime" and deal with the mansplainers at your office
- You'd earn more money than you ever would in the corporate world (bye, wage gap!)
But How? you still have so many questions!
You could be wondering, "Will I ever be able to have a stable salary without a corporate job?" Or maybe, "How do I find clients and customers and convince them to work with me?" Will you be able to prioritize your creative passion if you're constantly hustling for your next freelance gig? And how do you stay true to your feminist values in the midst of it all?
Forget your fear. Your desire to reach your potential is so much greater than that! What if you had a crystal-clear roadmap showing you exactly what steps to take and a forum to ask all your burning questions?
That's where I come in. I know you can build a freelancing career that leads you towards your creative potential and gives you financial freedom. You can embrace your talents as a multi-passionate creator, bring your whole self to the table, and contribute to a better economy -- one that allows you earn equal pay, prioritize self-care, and dismantle the toxic work culture of #MeToo. You better believe it: freelance life is right around the corner, and it's feminist as f*ck.
What will it feel like when you...
OVERCOME YOUR SELF-DOUBT?
GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION FOR YOUR CREATIVITY TO THRIVE?
START MAKING REAL MONEY WORKING FOR YOURSELF?
Welcome to Feminist Incubator.
Feminist Incubator is the 4-week online course that guides creative women (writers, designers, entrepreneurs, consultants, coaches, and bloggers) step-by-step through the essential steps of building a freelancing business that brings freedom + fulfillment.
Over 28 days, you'll learn how to create and implement your strategy, operations, products/services, sales/marketing, and financials.
When the four weeks are up, you'll have completed a robust business plan rooted in the feminist idea that your business should: 1) express your truest self; 2) deliver financial abundance; and 3) help you become the change you want to see.
If you join us, you will:
WE'LL REOPEN THE DOORS IN SUMMER 2018.
Learn How to Start a Feminist Business in 4 Weeks
What's a Feminist Business?
1. IT EXPRESSES THE TRUEST VERSION OF YOURSELF.
2. IT BRINGS FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE TO YOU AND OTHERS.
3. IT EXEMPLIFIES THE SYSTEMIC CHANGE OUR WORLD NEEDS.
Your Life Before you have a feminist business:
YOUR LIFE After you have a Feminist business:
- You prioritize your fulfillment, because you know that aligning your business with your passion = higher income and more impact
- You understand why people will pay for your creative work, and you know where to find your dream customers
- You're building a sustainable, conscious business that lights you up and strengthens the feminist cause
- You have a clear action plan for the next 3 months
- You have a community that FINALLY understands you!
- You suppress your creativity or (at best) turn it into a side hustle
- You're afraid of the financial insecurity related to freelancing
- You doubt your ability to make money for yourself
- You're a feminist but need to figure out your own future as much as our political one
Our 4-Week Curriculum
Module 1: defining your business strategy
- Learn How to Write a Feminist Business Plan
- Set Your 28-Day S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Learn the Basics of Business Strategy (with a Feminist Twist)
- Turn Your Multi-Passionate Approach into a Business Proposition
- Identify Which Skill Sets to Strengthen, and Which to Ignore
- Incorporate Risk into Your Business Plan
- Apply Feminist Methods for Dealing with Risk
Module 2: Building your systems & Operations
- Define and Prioritize Your Work Streams
- Revamp Your Calendar to Meet Your Goals
- Get Real about Your Money Situation
- Plan for the Three Types of Income that Grow with You
- Chart Your Personal Path to Financial Freedom
- Build Your Financial Spreadsheets in an Hour
- Create Your Income Statement (No Accounting Background Required!)
Module 3: Creating & Selling your products & Services
- Incubate Your First Paid Offering
- Validate Your Idea & Test the Market
- Pinpoint Your Perfect Audience
- Upgrade Your Personal Brand & Online Presence
- Start Your Business Development from a Place of Empathy
- Transform Your Proposals & Pitches through the Deep Listening Method
- Practice Marketing as Self-Expression, Not Self-Promotion
Module 4: Growing your income & Scaling Your Impact
- Set Your Rates Like a Feminist (and Crush the Wage Gap)
- Project Your Annual Revenue, Expenses, and Profit
- Customize Your Negotiation Scripts
- Build Your 90-Day Action Plan
- Establish Your Success Metrics & Social Impact Goals
- Learn How (and Why) to Incorporate and Become a Woman-Owned Business
- Complete Your Feminist Business Plan... and Celebrate!
Worksheets, cheat sheets & checklists
Bonuses & Community
- Feminist Foundations lessons that explain what the feminism means for creatives like you
- Extra module on taking full advantage of the Feminist Incubator experience
- Private Facebook group to connect with like-minded freelancers and problem-solve
- Mega-guide of "101 Resources for Feminist Freelancers & Entrepreneurs"
WE'LL REOPEN THE DOORS IN SUMMER 2018.
*This is a digital VIDEO program*
Complete this course anywhere, anytime. You have lifetime access. Each lesson is available in video, audio, and text, so that you can participate however you learn best. All you need is a computer or Smartphone, Internet connection, and access to a printer for your downloadable worksheets.
Because this is an online-only course, we will not be meeting in person. That said, we'll be having two live-video, classwide Q&A sessions (dates TBD), and you can get individualized attention anytime in our private Facebook group.
*You can work on your own schedule*
Feminist Incubator is a 28-day course that can be completed in 1-2 hours per day for 4 weeks. Once you enroll, you'll get immediate access to our welcome module. Then, each week in April 2018, a new core module will become available.
April 1 - Module 1 opens
April 8 - Module 2 opens
April 15 - Module 3 opens
April 22 - Module 4 opens
If that schedule sounds crunched to you, rest assured: you have lifetime access, including all future course enhancements! That means you can start and finish Feminist Incubator whenever you want. If you'd like to complete the course over a longer period of time, it will be there waiting for you. Which brings me to the next point...
*Why Buy Now?*
Because every day you second-guess yourself, your creative dream recedes farther into the future!
Not to mention, there's a movement afoot. Not only are freelancers starting to make 7-figures working solo, but women's organizations are forming at lightning speed. Our political climate makes it clear that we feminists must have a voice, and that our art and literature and self-expression is essential for the future.
I know you don't really want to stifle your voice or shortchange your abilities. Unchain your golden handcuffs, and let's get started.
Risk-Free, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
We know that Feminist Incubator is an extremely high-quality course, but we also respect every student's money decisions. If you're worried that Feminist Incubator won't be what you expect, you'll be happy to hear that we have a 100% risk-free guarantee.
You can try Feminist Incubator for 14 days, and if you're unsatisfied, simply ask for your full refund by 11:59pm on April 14, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ How much time should I plan to dedicate?
Feminist Incubator is a self-paced course. If you dedicate 1.5 - 2 hours to this course each day, you will complete the material in 28 days. If you prefer to work at your own slower or faster pace, that's totally up to you! Your course access never expires.
+ When will I get full access?
The course opens on April 1, 2018, which is when you'll have access to Module 1. We'll release Module 2 on April 8, Module 3 on April 15, and Module 4 on April 22. You'll have lifetime access to the course, including future bonuses and new features.
+ What's the refund policy?
We have a 14-day satisfaction guarantee. If you complete the course and are unsatisfied after 14 days, you get a 100% refund, no questions asked.
+ Are there payment plans available?
Yes. Until April 1, you can choose our 6-month payment plan option of $47/month. You can also pay the full price at once for $247.
+ Is this one of those corporate feminism things that appropriates feminism as a branding tool?
No! This is a homemade experience created by one person who believes that radical feminism means systemic change. Feminist Incubator is not about reinforcing current business structures. It is about changing the foundation of business itself to fit feminist belief systems vs. patriarchal ones. We're less about "getting women into the C-suite" and more about using feminist theory the way business is done - for you, and for all women.
+ I'm already a freelancer. Does this course still apply to me?
If you are currently feeling burnt out and stressed as a freelancer, then yes. Feminist Incubator helps you go from the typical scarcity mindset (always on the lookout for the next assignment, not being quite sure where your money will come from) to the feminist entrepreneur mindset, which is one of ownership, freedom, and power.
+ Is this course for me if I'm planning to raise venture capital or already have investors?
No. This is a course specifically designed for women who have not raised money to start their business.
+ In order to benefit from Feminist Incubator, does my freelacing practice have to be women-focused?
Not necessarily! If you follow our process, your business will benefit women, no matter what products/services you offer or who your target audience is.
+ Will I feel included here if I'm a woman of color, queer and/or gender variant?
We created this course specifically with the intention that it be as inclusive as possible. We're not interested in reinforcing white feminism or pretending not to notice the intersection of gender, race, class, sexual orientation, ability, and so forth. We draw on explicitly intersectional thinkers like Audre Lorde, bell hooks, and Sara Ahmed to frame our discussions -- and we also give a percentage of our profit back to causes that amplify the voices of marginalized groups. If you're concerned about this question in particular, please email email@example.com.
Meet Your Instructor
Hi! I'm Stephanie.
And I'm obsessed with helping creative women find the freedom they deserve.
I started freelancing and scaling my feminist blog Writing on Glass in 2016, after spending years feeling trapped as a management consultant and wishing I could write full-time without going broke.
When I started telling other Millennial women that I worked for myself, so many of them asked, "How did you do it?!" They told me they wanted to take the reins on their career, but they didn't know how.
I created Feminist Incubator because experience has taught me that you can have both creative + financial fulfillment, all while making a social impact. If I can spend 90% of my time writing, earn more money than I did in corporate America, and feel aligned with my feminist values, then I know you can, too.
I'm so excited to see what your feminist business will look like!
How do I know that Feminist Incubator works?
Here's what happened when I applied the Feminist Business Framework to my own freelancing:
What Other Feminists Say
Aline, Fashion Designer
"A wonderful experience. I now have an excellent strategy tailor-made for my business. I absolutely recommend!"